Dyshidrotic Eczema is one of the major causes of concern these days. The disease is aggravated as most of us do not recognize its early symptoms. By the time, we start to panic; the disease has mostly reached its final and painful stage.
Here are few of the symptoms of Dyshidrotic Eczema that we should all know in order to recognize the disease:
1) Vesicles appear on the finger of your hands and feet. Vesicles are small fluid filled blisters which appear on the edge of fingers and can cause intense itching.
2) The constant itching can lead to red rashes which can soon spread.
3) Scaly patches on the skin can appear and the skin can become flaky or turn red and painful.
4) The more you scratch the color of your skin changes and can even with time become thick. Skin thickening is another symptom for which you should seek doctor’s help immediately.
Cataract surgery is the sure and safe way to get rid of the cataract problem. The crystalline lens that form in the eyes result in partial blindness and blurred visions. There are three chief types of surgeries for cataract that a person can opt for. These are Intracapsular cataract extraction abbreviated as ICCE, Phacoemulsification and the Extracapsular cataract extraction the abbreviation of which is ECCE.
Most doctors consider the Intracapsular cataract extraction or ICCE to be outdated but even then this surgery is performed in today’s world. Many complications arise due to this surgery and so this surgery is not generally performed. Even the Extracapsular cataract extraction or ECCE can give rise to various complications. Eye surgeons around the world prefer to go with Phacoemulsification that requires the removal of the nucleus by making a small incision. This operation takes only twenty minutes time and the patients can go home once the surgery is completed. A few antibiotic eye drops are good enough to take good care of the eyes.
Astigmatism is a disease of the eye when the cornea is irregular or oblong in shape and refracts the light entering the eyes to two or more focal points. This causes vision to be blurred at all distances unlike short sightedness or far sightedness. Depending on the severity of astigmatism, the corrective means are decided. Corrective contact lenses and spectacles are for those who suffer from minor or medium astigmatism. However, laser surgery is a way to correct severe astigmatism. Symptoms of astigmatism are blurred and dim vision at all distances, fatigued eye, headache and lack of concentration while reading.
Laser surgery is available in two methods, LASIK and PRK. Lasik involves creation of a flap in the front eye and vaporizing the underlying layer by laser. PRK does not create a flap over the eye but removal of the front layer before creating an underlying layer. Regular astigmatism can be cured with lenses or surgery as per severity, irregular astigmatism is not curable.
Multiple sclerosis is a disease that is growing in popularity day by day. No longer is sclerosis an unknown disease that affects a few. Sclerosis affects people between the age group of twenty and forty and if you are aware of its early symptoms, you will be better prepared if the disease strikes you or someone you know.
Here is a list of the common early symptoms of multiple sclerosis that one must be aware of:
- Extreme fatigue: people diagnosed with sclerosis continuously complain about feeling weak and fatigued. They may feel weak and tired even after they have had a good night’s sleep. As time progresses, patients can be completely overtaken by fatigue.
- Spasticity: muscles spasms are a dominant symptom in those affected with sclerosis. Spasms usually occur in the legs and arms of the person and can hinder the person’s free movement.
- Vision problem: most people affected with sclerosis have a problem in their vision. Some may be affected by blurriness and some may experience a grey area in their area of vision. In some cases the affected person may also go blind.
Move over the usual ways of treating your dental problems, holistic dentistry is here! Holistic dentistry refers to the ways of treating common mouth problems with the help of eco-friendly, non toxic, biodegradable substances that take care not only of the oral problem of the person but also contributes to his entire well being.
Holistic approach to dentistry includes age old techniques of treating gum problems along with new age technology. Homeopathy is also a major component of holistic dentistry but it also involves new age medicines that are non-toxic to the body. Holistic way of treatment not only effectively reduces the infection but also handles pain and anxiety of the patient. This means that the patient get an all over treatment which is way more effective and desired.
All over treatment is achieved by the way holistic treatment looks at a problem and studies its impact on the whole body as our entire system is connected and nothing works in isolation.