There can be various causes for anxiety. It is a disorder that leaves us feeling extremely exhausted and robs us off our sleep! You may follow these quick tips to relieve anxiety:
• Listen to good soothing music as it acts as a healer and divers your attention.
• Take a dip in the tub or a long shower.
• Participate in aerobic activities as that will burn adrenaline and cool your down.
• How can we forget the benefits of tea? Try out herbal or green tea for relieving stress and anxiety.
• Jot down your worries in a paper and find out if you really have a reason to worry or is there a practical way to deal with it.
• Apart from practicing deep breathing, you may even bury your head in a book or simply play some games.
If you want to stay away from anxiety, you must first decide to get rid of this instead of brooding away.
Though menopause cannot be wholly blamed for causing depression in women, but it certainly lowers estrogen levels that induce depression. Family history of depression is also an important factor. During menopause, certain symptoms like hot flashes, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia and irritation are visible. These are also common for depression. So it is always feasible to treat depression early.
When menopause nears, ovulation is erratic; this causes estrogen and progesterone hormones to play havoc in their bodies leading to terrible mood swings along with depression. Another cause of depression during this phase can be this new change in their body that may make them feel less wanted. If left untreated, depression may be the cause for heart ailments and osteoporosis. A woman can undergo a hormone replacement therapy as prescribed by the doctor in order to overcome this crisis. There are other therapies beside medication that the doctor may advice well.
Parents can inculcate healthy habits in their children right from the start, but they should be living examples for their kids. Some ways to improve child health are:
Instill healthy eating habits: As parents you can engage your kids in eating healthy food like fruits, vegetables coz child obesity is a growing problem due to eating junk food.
Educate them about human body: You may tell your kids how amazingly our bodies work. Boost immunity and instill confidence in them.
Educate them about lurking danger: Parents are the best people to alert their kids about certain dangers of playing with fire, knife etc. Washing hands before eating or covering mouth before sneezing are healthy habits.
Teach them fitness: Let your kids play around or exercise regularly to keep them fit and even you join with them for support.
These simple ways can help them grow with confidence and improve child health.
Our food habits play a vital role in keeping us fit and it is even true to prevent osteoporosis. Eating a good amount of balanced diet comprising of calcium rich food and fiber rich food instead of fat, salt and sugar helps improving bone density. Here are the foods best for your bones:
• Oils containing omega 3, 6 and 9, namely- fish oil, olive oil and avocado oil. But refrain from cooking them at high flames.
• Try having 1000 mg of calcium everyday coz it is ideal. Yogurt, cottage cheese, tofu, boiled spinach, dark green vegetables are just right apart from a daily supplement.
• Oat bran, rice bran, apples, beans, citrus fruits- all contain fiber which is excellent to lower cholesterol and help in increasing bone density.
But eating is not it; you should avoid salt as it stops calcium from getting absorbed. Also eat lean meat as red meet ahs saturated fat bad for bone.
Osteoporosis is the disease of the bones that lose density and are susceptible to fractures.
Calcium deficiency may create problems in producing new bones. Deposits from bones evaporate hollowing it up making it fragile. This often happens with age, when bone tissues weaken due to various reasons. At high risk are postmenopausal women who stop producing estrogen hormone that largely helps to strengthen the bones. Other causes are alcoholism, certain ailments, cancer, and vitamin D deficiency etc. Basically, it is due to an imbalance between bone formation and bone resorption that osteoporosis occurs.
Sadly, there are no visible symptoms of Osteoporosis as such. Often it is a fracture or regular check up that may highlight the disease. Some kind of joint pain may be indicative of a serious problem. But it is advisable to consult a doctor who would suggest taking up a bone density test for a clearer view about osteoporosis.
Back pain can leave you in complete mess if it continues to persist for a longer period of time. Consulting a doctor then is a good idea nonetheless. But you may even practice pain management therapies like yoga, acupuncture and massage therapies. Some of the techniques are listed below:
• Use hot pack or cold compress on the injured area for relief.
• Massage therapy helps to improve circulation that relieves soreness in the muscle and relaxes it. But make sure that you consult a professional masseur for genuine results.
• Lose weight if you are bulky. Excess weight puts a pressure on your back and shoulders leading to pain.
• You may take small walks and do stretching flexibility exercises to manage back pain.
• Hydrotherapy is another excellent means of relaxing the muscles and lessening inflammation for everyone.
Besides these, physical therapy with different techniques like, electrical stimulation, cryotherapy, massage etc are also popular.
Most of the men folk think they are supermen and often neglect going to the doctor for check ups. But the truth is that they are susceptible to similar health related issues. Following these tips may help you live better:
• Develop a regular exercise routine that would comprise of weight training and cardio vascular exercises.
• Better to stick to fresh vegetables, fiber rich fruits, legumes and whole grains. Forget about white foods like flour, sugar and processed food items.
• You may take a supplement everyday to recover lost minerals and essential nutrients in your food.
• Quit smoking and drink alcohol in moderation, as this will make your heart happy.
• Incorporate green tea, soy and tomatoes in your food and avoid tarns fat as they can cause prostate cancer.
Close bonding with family and friends is an essential aspect of our lives. A healthy lifestyle devoid of stress and lots of love is the key to a long happy life.
A dry eye is a medical condition that generally occurs in old age due to certain mineral deficiency, side effects of medicines and also due to external conditions like weather. Various symptoms of dry eye are itching, irritation, burning, redness and blurred vision. This happens when the tear gland in the eye stops functioning properly and inadequate tears are secreted. Tears help wash out germs, dust, chemicals and other foreign particles from the eye and keep eyes healthy.
Dry eyes can be treated but before that the root cause need to be identified. Generally, artificial tears during the day maximum two to three times and application of ointment at night can solve the problem. Other safety measures include drinking adequate water, deliberately blinking and staring away from the computer for sometime.
This treatment is only for old people without any specific problem. But it should not be left untreated, as it will only aggravate the problem.
Some of the top health tips for women include:
Eat right at right time:
By eating right foods like fruits, green vegetable and calcium rich products you supply your body with all the essential nutrients. This also reduces chances of osteoporosis and other life crippling diseases. Besides, drink plenty of water and avoid having heavy meals at night.
Hectic lifestyle may leave you with stress but follow it up with some de-stressing activities like jogging, listening to music or deep breathing techniques.
It may not be everyday but chalk out an exciting exercise plan that consists of aerobics, free hand and cardio workouts to save you from boredom.
Give your body adequate sleep:
Never deprive yourself of a goodnight sleep. This will keep you charged the following day and make your skin glow.
Inculcating healthy habits right from the foundation years of a woman is necessary to enjoy a healthy and active life in the later years.
Love may be a reason for a lot of heartaches, but that never diminishes its fervor! Love is more than chemical reaction in your brain and it can sweep you off your comfort zone into a world of fantasy. Researches have shown that love is the feeling that induces a lot of reactions in brain that releases hormones that affect our health positively and help us live longer!
With the release of dopamine, there is a series if chain reaction leading to faster heart beats, movement of blood in irregular pattern to various parts of your body. Lovemaking has the power to release endorphins that uplifts your mood, cures chronic ailments and relieves from migraines! Not just that, a few minutes with your partner between the sheets can boost your immunity and keep your heart healthy. It is equivalent to spending 15 to 20 minutes on the treadmill and surely burns some serious calories. Naturally, people in love look younger as they are happy from within.